Monday 27 March 2006

Out campaigning

It is a real pleasure to get out on the campaign trail for this years Borough Elections.

I am very excited at having the opportunity to represent you, am am keen to listen to the issues that you feel are important and need tackling.

Just because it is the official start of the campaign, do not think I have only just started to think about issues that are of concern to you. I work all year round not just at election time.


Farnborough Town Centre:

I asked Gerald Howarth MP who is also an Empress resident, for a meeting to discuss how we can increase the pressure to move work on our town forward. I also invited Empress Ward Councillor Patricia Hodge, who I hope to be working with after May. Much has been done, but we must continue to make this a high priority.



Cove Green:

Talking with one of the many concerned residents about the issues around the pay and display scheme in Prospect road.I have asked for an urgent review, and have also discussed the issues with the Council Leader Peter Moyle.
I have also asked for a SpeedVisor to be installed in Prospect Road to try and tackle the speed of vehicles travelling along that road

No comments: